Facilitators Orientation on Curriculum Module Development Workshop
The Facilitators Orientation on Curriculum Module Development Workshop took place on 10th February, 2015 at the UNITID Seminar room. UHIV Fellowship Program Investigator, Prof. James M’Imunya Machoki, Prof. Christopher Gakuu and Prof. Harriet, both from Department of Extra-Mural Studies in the School of Continuing and Distance Education at the University of Nairobi led the forum.
The agenda of the forum was to:
- Discuss on training methodologies
- Presentation of Profiles of fellows admitted
- Development of draft modules and content for Health Informatics and Epi/Biostatistics tracks.
- Confirmation of content development dates with activities.
- Monitoring and Evaluation methods of fellowship training program and the theory of change.
The facilitators met to objectively discuss on BEST training methodologies for upcoming didactics. Stephen Odindo, Program training coordinator took participants through experiences in training from the old grant, lessons learnt and the way forward.
The training coordinator also presented profiles of fifteen fellows admitted facilitators for review. Draft modules and content for Health Informatics and Epi/Biostatistics were developed. Facilitators were asked to continue improving on the content developed. Progress on the same will be discussed in the next meeting. Content development dates proposed were discussed and confirmed by facilitators.
Monitoring and evaluation methods and the theory of change were explored to better inform the facilitators on the post evaluation processes of module trainings.